Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's A.....

BOY!!!!!

We had our ultrasound today at 2:30pm and found out we were having a baby boy.  We both wanted a girl so I had some disappointment but when you are looking at your baby on a screen moving around and the heart is beating it is kind of hard to be disappointed for long.  It was a bit uncomfortable when you have a full bladder (supposedly makes it easier to see the baby) and they are pushing on your stomach but it was really fun to see.  The technician took all the measurments and pictures (we also had an intern in the room) and the baby definitely likes to move around.  They only needed two more pictures (hand and profile) but he wouldn't cooperate so they kept having me roll over to see if he would move and finally after 10 minutes they got their pictures.  The profile shot isn't exactly what they wanted because he wouldn't put his hand down but it will do.  So the doctor says he is definitely a boy (no doubt about that), he now weighs 10 ounces, and although he can't say 100% that everythings perfect (because we won't know till the birth) but we are pretty close.  Nothing was found wrong, down syndrome was negative, his measurments were good, and all his organs are there (including all 4 chambers of the heart).  Russel & I are very happy that everything turned out good and he is healthy and it feels more real to me now that I know the gender.  Now we can start picking out bedroom stuff, painting, and narrowing down the names!  I'm also just happy that for the rest of this pregnancy I can call him "him" and not "it" or just "baby".  Now all I have to wait for is for baby boy to start kicking.  He hasn't started yet (just some flutters) and it was bizarre to see him moving around inside of me but yet I couldn't feel him.  Well here are some pictures of our baby boy.  They aren't the best because we don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of the picture.

His boy parts :)




















One of his feet.



















And this is his profile.  Like I said, he wouldn't move his arm so you can see his hand right by his head.


4 comments:

Mama P said...

I must agree with you. The fat cheecks look like Granpa Calkins. I think little Caleb looks cute!!!!

Russel & Miranda said...

FYI his name isn't Caleb (but I'll keep that in mind...thanks for the suggestion!) :D

Grama Dawn said...

He is so adorable!!! It made Grama Dawn cry to see his picture and she can't wait to hold him !!

Katie P said...

How cute! They say boys are easier to raise than girls so you may have lucked out :) I'd say the whole experience is probably pretty much amazing for you!