Monday, January 25, 2010

29 Weeks!

Today I am 29 weeks.  I am officially in my 3rd trimester and I have 11 weeks to go.  That is less that 3 months!  I am starting my doctors appointments every 2 weeks now for about 7 weeks (however that works out) and then weekly appointments.  Because of recent events I have had to really cut back on my cravings of sweets.  I still have them all the time for cupcakes, ice cream, and also coca-cola.  Also I have to watch my carbs, so no more snacking on spaghetti noodles (which probably didn't help passing my glucose test in the first place!).  At least all I have left is 11 weeks.  It is scary but I'm getting ready.  It is getting hard to put on my shoes, get up from bed, and sleeping.  I find it very hard to find a comfortable position. 

We finished our "Birthing Basics" class which wasn't too bad.  Russel & I had a hard time watching the first video but then after you watch 4 or 5 it's not so bad.  Not that I ever want to see it live.  We also liked the nurse who taught our class so I think that made it more enjoyable.  The last night we had a tour of the birthing facility.  The actually labor/delivery room scared me a little.  It was so small, and really warm and it just hit me that I would soon be there.  The recovery room or the room I will spend two nights in was better and more roomy.  Next up is the "Newborn Care" class which I am sure we will learn a lot in. 

Well here is my new belly picture.  I feel humongous already but I know it will only get bigger.


No comments: