Monday, January 25, 2010

Good News/Bad News

Good News?

We finally have a ship date for our bedding!  Amazon.com finally emailed us and said that our estimated ship date will be anywhere from January 29th-February 9th.  It is 2 1/2 months after we ordered it but it is finally nice to have a ship date.  If we wouldn't have gotten one soon we were going to start looking into an alternative which would have sucked.  Of course I will still feel so much better when it actually arrives.  I think the room will feel more finished when it's all in place.  Also today we are heading to Shopko because this week they have a glider on sale.  It is originally $239.99 and on sale for $99.99.  I definitely wanted to get there today because the sale started yesterday and I can image they will go fast.  It is a pretty good deal.  Plus they only have three colors- Chocolate, Black, and Cider. The Cider color (a tannish) is the only one that will actually match the nursery.

Bad News?

Well January 12th I went in for my 1 hour glucose test and found out I had failed.  I wasn't too worried because I had heard about alot of women who failed the first one and then passed the second one.  The second one lasted about 3 1/2 hours.  I had to count my carbs for 3 days before the appointment and fast after midnight the night before.  When I got there they took my blood once, then I had to drink the glucose drink once more under 5 minutes.  This drink compared to the first one was higher concentrated.  It was so much sweeter and really gross.  Then every hour on the hour for 3 hours I had my blood drawn.  I didn't feel too well during that time because I could only have small sips of water and it was pretty boring just sitting there.  You had to stay in the waiting room because they didn't want you moving around too much so I brought a book and my iphone.  Plus they had a TV that I got to run so I watched Jeopardy and House Hunters the whole time.  Well that night I found out I failed and I officially have Gestational Diabetes.  I now need to watch my diet more and my sugar levels.  I meet with my doctor tomorrow and plan on finding out more then.  I just hope everything will be fine with the baby.  I have also heard that women with GD have bigger babies!  So that is something to look forward to.  Ugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Miranda, love reading your blog. I too had gestational diabetes. Now I have become diabetic. Yes it did cause me to have very large babies.11lbs.,10lb.7oz., 11lbs.11oz. and 9lbs.7oz. Talk to your Dr. do what they say, and all will be fine! Can't believe you are in your last trimester already...I know you probably can! Take care of yourself...the baby will be here soon!