Monday, January 4, 2010

26 Weeks!

I am now 26 weeks today!  That means only 98 days to go till our due date.  It is getting closer and closer...  On January 12th I go in for my one hour glucose test to determine if I have gestational diabetes.  Two weeks after that I go back in for my normal doctor's appointment and then I will have appointments every two weeks after that because I will be in my third trimester!  Before you know it I will be going to the doctor every week and then I will be in the hospital giving birth!  It's hard to believe I only have three full months left and then a half a month.  That is if I don't go early or late.  The beginning of pregnancy went by so slow and now I feel like it won't slow down.  This Wednesday we have our first birthing class which continues next Wednesday as well.  It is just a basic class which will tell us about labor, our options, and walk us through the birthing center.  In February we are taking a newborn care class that is one night.  Also in February I am having my baby showers!  Feb 6th I am having one in Tomah/Warrens and Feb 20th I have my other one in Eau Claire.  I am very excited to see everyone and I am very excited to see my cousin Jackie who is due with her first baby 4 days after me and my friend Jaclyn who is due a week and a half after me.  It will be fun to compare bumps!

Russel and I had a very good Christmas this year and Baby Boy Oswald got a lot of good gifts!  He got some picture frames for his nursery, bath towels, an adorable robe with dog prints on it, pajamas, clothes, a teddy bear, and his first packers t-shirt.  Thanks to his Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins for all the great gifts!!!


Being this far along in my pregnancy is treating me pretty good.  I can eat a lot now (and I do!), I don't get sick, it can be a little uncomfortable to sleep but I now use a body pillow, and my belly is big enough but not too big.


1 comment:

Lacey Angerhofer Harvey said...

awww I love your baby bump. Your getting so big girl in a good way:)... I know you probably hate to hear that and I am sure you are getting uncomfortable with that belly, just remember what a miracle you will be getting out of this. I absolutely love your nursery. Its sooo cute! Baby Oswald is going to be one spoiled little guy.