Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Furniture

Once we found out we were having a boy the first thing I wanted to do (besides buying a bunch of baby clothes) was get going on the nursery.  So since then we have purchased the baby's crib, changing table, and bedding.  We recieved the changing table and the crib last week and this past weekend Russel put it together.  The changing table was pretty easy and he did it while watching football but the crib had to be done in the baby's room since it wouldn't fit through the doorway if he had done it in the living room.  He messed up a few times on the crib but suprisingly didn't get too mad or swear too much...I was very impressed with him. :)  The style and color we chose was the Graco Lauren Collection from Target and it is Walnut.  At first I wasn't sure about walnut but it looks pretty good. 


We haven't gotten the bedding delivered yet (still waiting...) but we got the rug and decorative pillows to go with it.  Our bedding is called Arctic Babies and it was actually sold out at Target and Babies R Us but we finally found it on Amazon.com.  The pillows obviously won't go in the crib because I believe it is a hazard but we will probably be putting them on the glider/rocker.  Still left to be purchased for the baby's room is a mattress, bookcase, glider/rocker, and a different changing table pad.  The one that came with it is really thin but we found one at Target that fits the table perfectly and is more cushy.  On Wednesday we are heading to Menards to get some paint samples and hopefully buying the paint on Friday.  Russel gets a Christmas gift certificate for working there so we are going to be using that to buy the paint and primer which saves us some money.  I think the actual painting will get done the weekend of the 18-20th when Russel has off.  I won't be doing any painting since it isn't really recommended (I know with certain paints I could) but I will be there to make sure he doesn't screw up or miss a spot.  It will be nice to have it all painted and once we have everything set up I will of course put up pictures.


Ok so here are pictures of our Crib, Changing Table (front & side), then there are pictures of our bedding on a crib and a close-up (I got these off the internet), and then pictures I took of the pillows and the rug.






































2 comments:

Lacey Angerhofer Harvey said...

I love the furniture! Its really cute, good choice guys! I also love the walnut color of the crib. I think it fits perfect for a boy! Congrats again! I am excited to see more... Love you guys!

Katie Kovar said...

The dark cherry is such a pretty color. I can't wait to see what the room looks like when it's all done. Good job Russel on putting it together I'm sure it wasn't easy! Target has such cute baby stuff too! Keep up on the blog I love it!